Monday, December 20, 2010

Growing green chilly on terrace

Dishes without green chilly is impossible. Not much of chilly plants that I grew in my roof, but planted 5 and one hybrid seedling that I bought from a Nursery. In South India this in known as Thondan Mulaku or Baji mulaku

Seed was germinated while sowing it in a tray, once seedlings grew in size, this was transplanted to sack filled with compost soil
Images shows a few chilly.

View Posts on Red chilly and vegetable terrace garden




I tried chopping off the top most part of one of the plants. and could find that lot of branches started coming from the bottom part and end-result is more number of flowers and chilly.












This image shows a different variety of chilly that I bought from a plant nursery. I think usage of fertilizer would be one of the reasons the plant being in small size but with 3 big chilly.









No comments:

Post a Comment