Organic farming is a form of agriculture that relies on crop rotation, green manure, compost, biological pest control
and mechanical cultivation to maintain soil productivity and control pests.
Since in urban cities limitation is insufficient land for farming, the concept of terrace farming, vertical and container farmings are upcoming trends in urban farming. Here in this blog I will be sharing every single effort and techniques in building my Organic Roof :)

Location Details:

Country: India

State: Kerala

City: Trivandrum

Climate:Tropical, equable, hot, humid and dry.


Soil: Red soil in the Southern-most part of Kerala

Monday, December 20, 2010

Green Chilly



Dishes without green chilly is impossible. Not much of chilly plants that I grew in my roof, but planted 5 plants and one hybrid seedling that I bought from a Nursery.


Seed was germinated while sowing it in a tray, once seedlings grew in size was transplanted to sack.
Images shows few chillies.







I tried chopping off the top most part of one of the plants. and could find that lot of branches started coming. and end-result is more number of flowers and chillies.












This image shows a different variety of chilly that I bought from a plant nursery. I think usage of fertilizer would be one of the reasons the plant being in small size but with 3 big chillies.









No comments:

Post a Comment