Friday, May 23, 2014

Growing Cucumber on terrace

A Cucumber with its diverse variety is one among those healthy vegetables. In my blog there are articles on cucumber plantation and images. Since I never expected a very healthy and moderately large size cucumber can be grown on roof top I am sharing this in this post.
Cucumbers are scientifically known as Cucumis sativus and belong to the same botanical family as melons (including watermelon and cantaloupe) and squashes (including summer squash, winter squash, zucchini and pumpkin). Commercial production of cucumbers is usually divided into two types.

I was surprised how this could grow in bigger size as compared to my experiments did before.

I could find that the floor of the roof had some mud and algae, hope which supported the plants' root at each node and probably that might have helped the cucumber to grow in bigger size.


Generally in a cucumber plant, at each node, there is a leaf, a flower, a fruit, a tendril and root.

No comments:

Post a Comment